1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sharp pain in big toe

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, May 30, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've seen several threads related to this but I didn't run across anyone describing quite the same sensation as I'm having. Basically I am having sharp pains near the right base of the nail of my left big toe. However, the pain only manifests when a very specific part of my foot (seems to be the medial cuneiform) is touched. I can poke and prod at my toe, the nail, the joints, etc but no pain. However if I push this one specific area or if it is touched by anything it shoots intense pain down to my toe a couple inches below where you're actually touching. I'm fairly young, 28, and exercise 6 days a week with no pain from my foot whatsoever. The pain is never there unless that area is touched so it doesn't hinder everyday activity, it is simply a painful nuisance on occasion. Any ideas?