1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Can boots cause long term foot pain?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have had pain in my feet, around the back of my ankles now for over 18 months, occasionally the pain spreads down the inside and outside of my feet. I have had pain in my feet ever since I had a bad case of Tendonitis 18 months ago, my feet have never been the same since. The pain is worse first thing in the morning and when I go down stairs or walk on tip toes, my right foot even gave out on me when I was tiptoeing over the cat a few days ago. I have been to the doctors and he has blamed the boots that I was wearing when I went. Now obviously I have had more then the one pair of boots/shoes in the last 18 months of having this pain and it makes no difference what shoes or boots I wear, the pain is always the same. I do work in a job where I am on my feet for a long periods of time, but even when I have time off and purposely rest my feet, it makes no difference to the pain. I am pulling my hair out as I was sent home with anti inflammatory gel and painkillers, like I haven't already tried that approach. It would be so nice to get down the stairs without the horrendous pain of every step. So any advice would be very much appreciated.