1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

big toe fusion and sesmoid bone removal

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

what is the recovery of sesamoid bone removal and big toe fusion... I have had multiple surgery on my feet, due to a very heavy box falling on them years ago. they started off with floating Metatarsal . then at one point they removed 1 of the sesamoid bones. living with lots of pain the only fix now is to remove the 2nd sesamoid bone and that will cause them to have to fuse the big toe. they do not know if this will solve the problem, but is the only course left.

I have be diagnosed with
    1. bilateral pes cavus with metatarsalgia status post multiple osteotomies and hammertoe release and excision of sesamoid bone near the first metatarsophalangeal joint on the right
    2. Servere Arthritis (feet, ankles, knees)
    3. patellofemoral pain syndrom Left knee with degenerative joint disease and now have discoverd the knee cap is mis-aligned