1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

2 surg down 1 to go lisfranc fracture

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by June2012, Apr 11, 2013.

1. June2012

June2012 New Member

I had a MVA 6/18/2012 - presented to ER and was told no fracture......take 2 aspirin and follow up with your PCP if needed - went to my PCP the next day and several additional days until he finally sent me for an MRI - this revealed a complete tear and lisfranc fracture - so now, end of July was sent to OS and had ORIF completed 7/30/2012 (6 week delay from accident) Pain following surgery lead OS to think maybe my body would be happier with the hardware out. Second surgery was suggested and completed and the hardware was removed 2/11/2013. Went for follow up 4/9 and now being recommended for fusion. Just trying to find out results of someone else in a similar situation. I have been given 90 days to see if I can live with the pain I have or if I want to proceed with the 3rd surgery. I am 42 YOA and was a runner.....obviously have not been able to run since auto accident, but am still hopeful that one day........