foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

foot/lower leg pain while sitting

Old 3rd July 2013, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Default foot/lower leg pain while sitting

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance/suggestions...I have had this pain for going on 2 years now, and it is driving me nuts (I'm 25 y/o). I have seen 2 different podiatrists for an MRI, x-ray, and nerve test and they could not find anything wrong with me. Here's my best shot at explaining the pain - when ever I'm sitting I get this burning/stinging feeling (I wouldn't really describe it as numbing) that starts in my left foot and travels through my ankle and up my lower leg. I do feel some tightness in my achilles and the foot pain is spread out and I can't really pin point it. I have found some relief by taking my shoes off while sitting, but the pain is still there barefoot just less intense. I have only felt this pain in the left foot/leg (my right feels completely normal). I am pretty active (run/bike) and stretch regularly. The weirdest part about this is that I feel zero pain while walking and running, and its the minute I sit down that the pain kicks in (with shoes on it's worse). I have tried ice / heat and am running out of ideas. I don't have any back pain (other than the usual soreness after sitting for 10-12 hours straight at work).
Does this sound like nerve damage or a blood circulation issue? I am trying to figure out this issue instead of covering it up with pain killers.
Thanks!
Chris
Old 16th July 2013, 06:09 AM

Default Re: foot/lower leg pain while sitting

Chris - I will be honest and say I do not have the remotest idea what this could be. Your symptoms match no pattern or conditions that I can think of. It is very strange. The symptoms indicate a nerve problem, but just which one is not clear. I assume that is why the MRI and nerve tests were done. The only think I can suggest is to see a neurologist.
Sponsored Links