1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

top of foot pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have had a burning pain on top of my foot along my fourth metatarsal for over two months now. I have seen my pcp and an orthopedic doctor. I had an Xray and MRI which they say shows no fracture. I wasn't crazy about the orthopaedic doc because he came in the room said the MRI shows no breaks then walked back out. So any suggestions on what could be causing the pain. It gets so bad by the end of the day I can barely walk on it.

2. robertharris750

robertharris750 New Member

Foot doctors often use the RICE method to relieve foot pain. RICE stands for: Rest, Ice (applied for twenty minutes at a time), Compression, and Elevation. Shoe inserts etc
    Other home remedies like limitation of activity, oral anti-inflammatory medications, below the knee walking casts, functional orthotics or rarely surgical exploration of the area.